top signs newbie partner will not work out.
1. newbie admits reason for wanting to work at bux is "free frappuccinos all day long!"
2. newbie won't learn bar because newbie hates the sound of steaming milk.
3. newbie thinks "sense of urgency" means looking out for terrorists.
4. newbie won't clean toilet because "that's, like, work for maids and janitors!"
5. newbie spends first day on register trying to collect as many phone numbers from "hotties" as possible.
6. newbie is caught giving away free drinks to said "hotties".
7. newbie's 10 minute breaks last over 20 minutes.
8. newbie comes in on days off expecting free drinks.
9. newbie spends entire workday talking about her "myspace" site.
10. newbie cries when told she has to remove nail polish because of health code reasons.
i guess from the other side of the counter it looks like all baristas do is make coffee and ring up customers. some newly hired partners are shocked to find there is more to wearing green aprons than calling out drinks and collecting tips. usually these newbies weed themselves out when they find bux isn't the dream job they imagined. too bad we have to put up with them in the meantime.
barista rant: how stupid did you look when you tried the whole "starbucks challenge" on me and i passed with flying colors? i saw the sparkle in your droopy lidded eyes when you asked me for a cup of fair trade coffee. you were sure this barista brat would fail and you would spend the rest of the afternoon gleefully posting about another starbucks debacle. but when i asked you if you were willing to wait four minutes for a french press, and when i charged you for only the cup of coffee and not for the whole press, your eyes lost their light and sorrowfully you pulled two dollars from your hemp sack to pay me. gee, i wonder if that cup of fair trade would have tasted better if you actually had something to complain about.