i've tried three times to write a post that didn't sound 100% negative and bitchy, but it's impossible. so instead i'll write up a wish list.
barista brat's (futile) wishes:
- i wish that my newly promoted manager would learn how to do the damn schedule so that we don't have to take our lunch breaks half an hour after we start our shifts.
- i wish the opening baristas would quit bitching about how busy their morning is when they have four more people on the floor than the closers and STILL can't manage to do their assigned tasks.
- i wish my district manager would take the time to learn the baristas' names rather than call out "hey, you over there".
- i wish bux would remember that it is impossible for one person to clean a drain, make a drink, and take out the trash all at the same time.
- i wish my fellow baristas weren't so damn messy when they're at bar.
- i wish i wouldn't have to stay an hour past my scheduled closing because i've spent my entire shift playing catch up (thanks for nothing, morning crew!).
- i wish our ceo would remember that we are a coffee shop and not a deli, bakery or sandwich shop.
- i wish customers would learn how to flush the toilet.
- i wish hear music would put out a decent cd more than once a year.
- i wish my bux stock would quit dropping.
- i wish bitter old dude would quit complaining that no one deserves a vacation more than he does.
- i wish the talker would transfer.
- i wish the mid shift crew would remember to stock, prep and clean.
- i wish my perky assistant manager would complete a task before starting three more.
- i wish my newly promoted manager would quit calling me on my days off to see if i can help out other stores in our district.
- i wish the best manager in the world was still my manager.
- wish i didn't have to have a wish list.
and one final wish:
- i wish my barista buddy didn't put in his two weeks notice tonight, although i can't blame him.
he's a closer and has finally had his fill of doing his work and then some. so he wrote up a "dear john" letter for the manager and now i can look forward to training another newbie.
see? i told you - negative and bitchy.
partner rant: i appreciate the fact that you're into healing the environment, but please be considerate to your fellow man and bathe a little more often. or at least invest in a good deodorant.